USA CROSSBOW Inc. has been a recreational crossbow sport organization officially since 1960. When it was established as The National Crossbowmen of the USA (TNC).
In 1999, TNC was incorporated as The National Crossbowmen of the USA, Inc.
In 2017 TNC was officially re-branded as USA CROSSBOW Inc. in an effort to come up to date with other competitive sports in the US with an attempt to appeal to a wider audience.
USA CROSSBOW, Inc. is an organization of people interested in supporting the crossbow sport. Our aim is to perpetuate the history of the crossbow and enhance its use as a sporting instrument for target shooting, field, 3D as well as for hunting. At times we shoot along side of, but not in actual competition with archers. Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting the crossbow sport. It is not necessary to own a crossbow nor that you shoot in actual competition or hunt, although participation in the use of the crossbow is our main objective.
International and National Affiliations
USA CROSSBOW Inc. is a founding member of the World Crossbow Shooting Association (WCSA) which organizes Target, Forest, (3D), and medieval competitions.
USA CROSSBOW Inc. is also an affiliate with the National Field Archery Association (NFAA). Target Crossbow and Unlimited Crossbow are official divisions within the NFAA. The NFAA hosts the World Archery Festival in Las Vegas NV, the NFAA National Indoor Championships in Louisville, KY and the WAF Archery Classic in Yankton SD.
World Championships (WC) for target, forest, and 3D crossbow are held every 2 years and the USA has an excellent track record of accomplishments at these events. Team Trials are generally held the year before a WC during the USA CROSSBOW Outdoor National Championships. All USA CROSSBOW members are welcome to shoot in these events.
Crossbow participants have the opportunity to shoot in indoor competitions at 18M, outdoor 900 rounds at 45M, 55M, 65M at the USA Crossbow Outdoor Nationals and the WCSA World Championships. WCSA and USA Crossbow also offer a single elimination MatchPlay at 55M. Forest Rounds consist of shooting at multiple targets as roving through the woods at both marked and unmarked distances. The WCSA sponsors a World 3D Championships every 2 years. Both the WCSA and USA Crossbow also offer a Benchrest competition at 70M at a 40cm full colored target face.
USA CROSSBOW Inc. Membership
• Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting the crossbow sport. It is not necessary to own a crossbow or shoot in actual competition or hunt, although participation in the use of the Crossbow is our main objective.
• Members of USA CROSSBOW Inc. may compete in the annual U.S. Indoor and Outdoor National Championship Tournaments where they are eligible for the rotating championship awards of USA CROSSBOW Inc. and the championship awards of USA Archery.
• Members of USA CROSSBOW Inc. are eligible to compete in the WCSA World Crossbow
Championships that take place every two years.
· Members are also eligible to compete in USA CROSSBOW Inc./WCSA sponsored
International Postal Matches with crossbowmen from around the world.
• USA CROSSBOW Inc. members receive our official publication, The Chit-Chat, three times a year. Through this publication, our members are kept aware of crossbow happenings. Members are encouraged to contribute articles and announcements of crossbow news for publication.
• Annual dues are $20.00US for an individual membership and $25.00US for a family membership.
· Corporate membership dues are $25.00US per year.
· Multiple year individual memberships are available at the following rates: 2 year individual $35 and 3 year individual $50.
· Multiyear Family Memberships are available at the following rates: 2 year at $40 and 3 year at $55.
· Overseas subscription to The Chit-Chat publication is $30.00US per year by surface mail.
Join USA CROSSBOW Inc.
By Mail – Print and send to address below
Name: _____________________________________________ Phone: ____________________
Additional Member Name – Same Address: _____________________________________
Amount Enclosed: $_____________ Check One: New: __________ Renewal: _____________
Make payment payable to: USA CROSSBOW Inc. & mail to: Pat Copley
38 B Avenue
Richwood, WV 26261
You can also join electronically by using Paypal – send appropriate funds to “wpxbow” at www.paypal.com